- Slab-on-ground and suspended slab design and construction
- Review and optimization of floor concrete mix design
- Assessment of cracking risk due to restraint, mix design or ambient conditions
- Moisture issues and vapor retarder use in floor slabs
- Thickness design analysis and computer modeling of slab-on-ground loadings
- Reinforcing design recommendations for slabs-on-ground and suspended slabs
- Steel fiber reinforcement and synthetic fiber applications in concrete floors
- Construction, contraction and isolation joint details for floor slabs
- Tolerances for concrete construction, including floor flatness and levelness
- State-of-the-Art construction techniques for concrete floors
- Flatness and levelness consulting, precise measuring and reporting service
- Curing, sealer and coating recommendations for concrete floors
- Condition surveys and repair recommendations for concrete floors
- Nondestructive floor thickness testing using the impact echo method
- Polished concrete floor solutions
- Decorative concrete application which includes stamped concrete, toppings, stains, dyes, etc.
- Continuing education seminars on these and other concrete floor issues
Through the years, our professionals have presented seminars in a wide variety of topics and applications in many different venues such as World of Concrete (WOC), American Concrete Institute (ACI), Wacker Neuson Concrete College and Decorative Concrete Institute earning us many Industry Awards.
SSI has shared their knowledge and expertise in training worldwide, i.e. Holcim (France and Italy) and private companies located in Canada, the Caribbean, England, France, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Mexico, South America, South Africa and Spain.
In addition to the preconstruction and construction services we provide forensic repair, dispute resolution and expert witness evaluations.