The SSI Team
Pat HarrisonVice President / Senior Consultant - Principal
Pat Harrison, MBA, BS, FACI is a Vice President and Senior Consultant with Structural Services, Inc., and brings over 30 years of high tolerance industrial slab design, construction and forensic experience to our clients.
Pat received his undergraduate degree from Kansas State University in 1982 with a B.S. in Construction Science. In 1991 he received his Master’s Degree in Business Administration from Rockhurst University in Kansas City, MO. Beyond his education, he has gained unique, valuable experience and expertise in practical design and construction while working in the concrete flatwork industry his entire career. Previously vice-president with a nationally acclaimed industrial floor contractor, he had a successful appointment as Manager of Industrial Flooring for a leading fiber reinforced concrete manufacturer, and most recently as Director of Consultative Services for an innovative manufacturer of concrete load transfer products.
Pat has worked throughout North America, focusing extensively on commercial and industrial concrete slabs and pavements. His specialization and expertise includes:
· Distribution warehouses
· Manufacturing facilities
· Food preparation and distribution warehouses
· Freezer slabs
· Defined traffic slabs
· Shrinkage compensating concrete
· Rebar, wire mesh, post tensioned and fiber reinforced slabs
· Suspended slab construction
· Thin overlays, deferred topping and light reflective colored floors
· Construction and contraction joint design, protection and maintenance
· Construction and contraction joint stability design including round, square and plate dowels, dowel baskets and armored joint protection
· Exposed concrete repair and restoration, including concrete polishing and maintenance programs for several National retailers
Pat is published in Concrete International and Concrete Construction and has been a highly rated speaker on the ACI Design of Slabs on Ground continuing education program since 1994, where he has been very instrumental in the development of the programs content. He has also been a featured guest speaker in various locations in Mexico, Latin and South America, as well as the U.K. on quality floor slab design and construction. He has extensive experience with concrete mixture design analysis and development.
Pat was elected as a Fellow of the American Concrete Institute in 2010. He is a member of ACI 302 Construction of Concrete Floors, ACI 223 Standard Practice for the Use of Shrinkage-Compensating Concrete and ACI 360 Design of Slabs on Ground.